Care, Guidance and Support
The Pastoral System
The pastoral system aims to ensure effective pastoral care and support to all our students. The pastoral system incorporates Year Teams with Student Support Officers (SSOs) linked to a member of the Senior Leadership Team and a team of Form (GST) Tutors. Your daughter will be allocated to a form class led by a GST Tutor. The GST Tutor will see your child daily, help them set and review learning and spiritual (or personal) goals through their guided study (GST) sessions. A Student Support Officer will oversee pastoral care and support for one year group. Together, the Year Team has responsibility for the pastoral needs of all students in the year group. This responsibility includes behaviour management, attendance and mentoring support to vulnerable students
Additional Professionals working with us:
- Safer Schools Officer – PC Rachael McCabe works with us to advise pupils, parents and staff on any issues that may be affecting them.
- BCL Attendance Consultancy - BCL Attendance Consultancy will be working in conjunction with us to advise families on any attendance issues. This is a supportive role as we aim to ensure that families understand the importance for excellent attendance.
Additional Support from External Agencies in school:
- Educational Mental Health Practitioners – an NHS support service for children and families experiencing mental health difficulties. They can also signpost pupils, parents and staff on to specialist agencies and support as required
- Step 2 Counselling - Again in order to support our girls we have access to another external counsellor who attends school. (Counselling sessions are delivered sensitively and require parental consent—concerns and referrals are managed via the SSO for the year group).
- Toot Toot - All pupils in the Academy have a personal log in to Toot Toot - passwords are available from their SSO.
- Toot Toot is an on line messaging service linked to the Safeguarding Team and Student Support Officers.
- Students can air their worries or concerns if they feel uneasy speaking face to face.
- It allows us to resolve any issues that may be bothering pupils .
Please click on the following links, for further support and advice online:
Toot Toot: https://tootoot.co.uk/
The Mix: https://www.themix.org.uk/