VALUES, ETHOS AND MISSION
To transform lives, to transform communities
Our vision is wide ranging, all encompassing and inclusive with social mobility and cohesion at the very core. Through delivery of high aspirations, educational excellence, outstanding leadership, operational excellence and system-wide leadership we aim to:
- Transform the educational standards and character development of the nation’s young people, its schools and academies.
- Become a blue print for the transformation of the educational landscape and through it, to make a demonstrable impact on social mobility and equality in communities that have called out for it and needed it for so long.
- Have our schools, academies and young people at the very heart of social enterprise and community service.
- Be part of the global drive to eradicate illiteracy, poverty and inequality.
Educational Mission Statement
Feversham Academy's educational mission statement is:
- to provide the best quality of education within a secure Islamic all-female learning environment
- to provide the students with a learning environment which nurtures and strengthens their faith (Imaan) to build a firm foundation for future development and involvement as active members of the Islamic Sunni faith and of society as a whole, according to the Quran and Sunnah
- to ensure that the education provided is part of the Academy's mission to proclaim and honour (in words and actions) the Shahada and remember always that there is nothing or no one worthy of worship other than Allah, Subhana Wa Ta'ala (SWT) and that Muhammad, Sallallaahu'alaihi Wa Sallam (SAWS) is the final Prophet and Messenger of Allah (SWT)
- to understand, learn and respect other faiths and cultures existing in our society.
Fulfilling the Mission Statement
The Academy will seek to fulfil it's mission by:
- providing a caring and supportive environment for the students to develop spiritually, morally, academically, and socially according to the Quran and Sunnah
- setting standards of excellence in teaching and learning through the implementation of a well-designed curriculum, reflecting the Academy's Islamic Ethos
- having high expectations of students in standards of achievement, behaviour and school attendance
- ensuring that the daily prayers (Salah) and fasting (Sawm - during the month of Ramadhan) play an active and visible part of college life
- creating a Academy environment where quality relationships are developed between all who work and participate in the community of the Academy
- developing an environment that respects and values the dignity, integrity and special needs of all regardless of age, race, colour, religion, and gender, as exemplified by the life of the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS)
- creating an awareness, commitment and sense of responsibility amongst the students with regards to local, national and global issues.
All aspects of school life through departments, year groups, tutor groups and the whole school will incorporate this Islamic (Sunni) Ethos and related aims so that the Academy community is united in spirit and purpose.
- An environment of shared understanding and ownership of improving educational standards.
- Driven by the moral imperatives to do the right thing.
- A sense of purpose within a performance and accountability framework.