Feversham Academy has an integrated approach to meeting the special needs of all students.
This may be done through classroom support, individual work, booster classes, short-term intensive sessions or longer periods of help.
The Academy has embraced the new SEN framework so that:
- The educational needs of all students are met effectively throughout the Academy
- Students with special educational needs have full access to the National Curriculum
- Students with special educational needs are able to take part fully in all aspects of Academy life
- Students with the greatest need have appropriate access to external support agencies
- Information about children with special educational needs is collected and shared across the Academy so appropriate learning targets can be negotiated
- Parents are kept fully informed about their child's learning needs and they understand the ways in which parents and the Academy can work in partnership to meet those needs
- The appropriate resources are available to meet the needs of students with special educational needs.
Our Special Education Needs Coordinator (SENDCo) is Ms Valeria Smith and can be contacted here
Visit Bradford City Council’s Local Offer, an online resource that details services, support and guidance available to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) aged 0-25 and their families